Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Weekend date?

**Sorry for the late post! My boyfriend and I were celebrating our 5 year anniversary and unfortunately I ended up not having time to post this! Anyways, here it is and another one will be up on Friday! 
Xo,
S.


Sunday morning Katie burst through the bathroom door as I was showering. I thought she was still sleeping but apparently not anymore. Chris had gone back over to his house earlier this morning to get some work done. Seriously, no one should work as much as he does.

"You won't believe what I just found." She said, plunking herself down on the toilet seat lid.

"What did you find? Did you hear from Kurtis?" I rinsed the conditioner out of my hair, thinking this had to be about Kurtis' weird behavior.

"Nope, he's still MIA." She took a deep breath and then spoke super fast, "Nate went on a date last night, that's why you haven't heard from him."

I stuck my head out of the shower. "Um, okay...."

"I was scrolling through Twitter and came across some pictures of him with some brunette bimbo and they look pretty cozy." She elaborated handing me a towel without looking up from her phone. "Put this on, you don't need to make me jealous with your perfectly petite little body."

I snorted and wrapped myself up in the towel. "It's probably just Diane."

Katie shook her head. "No, I've seen her before and that's definitely not her." She handed me her phone and I scrolled through several pictures of Nate and this random woman.

Ugh. "I know we're not exclusive or anything but he made it sound like he really wants a shot at being together..." It kinda hurt seeing him out on a date with someone else. Obviously we weren't exclusively dating but we had spent quite a bit of time together and I generally don't have sex with guys who are seeing other people. Ew!

"I'm sorry, babe. I didn't want you to spend all day wondering why you haven't heard from him because that sucks. I want to be on team Nate but he's not making it easy."

"No, I'm glad you showed me. I need to figure out where I stand with him." I went to put some clothes on while Katie hopped in the shower. I sat down on my bed, feeling frustrated. For the first time since I was single I was ready to invest time and effort into a relationship with someone I genuinely liked and so far all that's gotten me lies and hurt feelings. I wasn't really sure if it was worth it.

"You should just call him." Katie came out of the bathroom with a pair of my sweatpants on that were way too short on her. Oh to be tall and skinny. "And put it on speaker phone so Koda and I can hear." She flopped down on the bed and Koda left me to lay on her stomach.

"Isn't it too early?" I was hesitant to always be the one to reach out. Katie shook her head so I dialed his number and put it on speakerphone.

It rang a few times and I chewed nervously on my bottom lip.

"Hello?"

Katie and I froze. That was definitely not Nate's voice.

"Hello?" The female voice said a again.

I was about to double check and make sure that it was actually Nate's number that I had called when I heard his voice asking who it was in the background. Katie's eyes widened and she reached over to hit the end call button. We sat in silence for a while as I was trying to wrap my head around what just happened.

So the date must have gone very well. Thinking of Nate with another woman made me nauseous. Thinking about all the sweet things he's said and done for the last few weeks made me want to cry. Chances are he was saying the exact same thing to this woman.

"Want to go for lunch?" I got off the bed, determined to not think about this.

"Sure. Do you want to talk about what just happened?" Katie asked gently, reaching out to squeeze my hand in such a familiar gesture that it made me feel better instantly.

"Nope." I pulled random clothes out of my closet and settled on dark washed, distress jeans, a plaid shirt, and knee-high dark brown boots.

"Okay. Let's go for a men-are-assholes-brunch and then see if Tash can squeeze us in to get our hair done." Katie planned out.

"And let's go for mani-pedis after." I added on.

"Done and done!" She leaned over and gave me a bear hug. "I love you."

I almost cried. "I love you, too."

And with that our girl day began. #hoesbeforebros

10 comments:

  1. UGH!!! Why does Nate keep doing this? Always an explanation, but he continues to screw up. If some guy had answered her phone in the morning, he'd probably lose it.

    Bonus post please!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? He's making it hard to be on Team Nate! Promise a post will be up Friday!!!

      Delete
  2. Nope.

    Later, Nate. I've had enough of your bullshit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm... Move over Nate... Mike needs to show up and really sweep Skye off her feet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, whatta dick. There's only so many times man can be caught in a situation that's 'not what it looks like' before it's just sketch... Hope Skye has enough self-respect to not go back to that d-bag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with all the comments! We'll have to see what happens!! Thanks for reading everyone! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the comments. Sarah Marie, I may have used that as the title for tomorrows post, so thanks for that! Seriously appreciate the enthusiasm from everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really did have faith in Nate (giving him the benefit of the doubt with the elevator thing) but this is BS! Skye deserves someone who respects her ;)

    http://lifebysarahxo.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete