Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Sunday Funday

*Thanks for the patience everyone!! XO*

Nathanial didn't call.

I was seriously starting to think that this had all been a dream but Chris, Katie, and Jess had assured me it wasn't. In the matter of a few days I had turned into one of those people that checked their phones every two seconds and I swear I had heard my phone ring when in reality it hadn't… #crazy

The Sunday of the long weekend  Jess, Koda, and I decided to take the day to explore Mt Rainier National Park. Beyond amazing, if you get a chance to go, pack up the car for a day or two and do it. Koda seemed to enjoy the outing as well and slept the entire way home on my lap while Jess drove.

"Rheece sent me a text." She said after a pit stop at Jack in the Box (Jess complained about the calories but one glare from me and she ordered a chicken burger with curly fries).

I raised my eyebrows at her. "First time since you left?" I suspected that they had talked a couple of times but this is the first time she talked to me about it.

"No." She confirmed my thoughts. Her eyes were on the road and although we were in an area of light traffic she completely avoided looking at me.

"Okay...." I waited for her to continue.

"He wants to see me." She said stealing a glance in my direction.

Part of me wanted to tell her not to, but I also knew it was ultimately her decision. "And how do you feel about that?"

She laughed. "Easy there, Dr. Freud. I don't know how I feel about it, that's why I'm telling you." 
"I'm not sure what to tell you. My first instinct is to say don't do it, but then again I also don’t know much about your relationship. He scared you enough last time and the time before that you had to lock yourself away in a room so he wouldn't hurt you, I think it would be hard to face him again after that."

She nodded, her hands tight on the steering wheel. "It is hard, that's why I don't know what to do. I love him, but this isn't the Rheece I know, and I don't know how to go back to that."

"How did the last time you talked to him go?"

"He apologized and wanted to know where I was." I shot Jess a look and she quickly shook her head. "I didn't tell him where I was. And then he sent me a text me in the middle of the night the other day and was pissed about the whole situation. I think he was drinking because he was mad about everything and nothing really made sense. His co-worker asked me where he was yesterday so he must not have been going to work."

I thought about what to say to her for a moment. "I don't think you should see him yet. I don't know everything that’s been going on, but Rheece obviously has a problem and he needs to seek help for it."

She agreed and we stayed silent for the remainder of the drive home, Jess looking to be deep in thought and me busy checking my phone and Instagramming pictures of Koda and I in front of Mt. Rainier (we had decided to keep Jess off social media in case Rheece was doing some creeping to see where she was). I hoped she made a smart decision, and also hoped she stayed with me longer. She worked quite a bit but it was nice having someone to hang out with in the evenings. Also since she had moved in she had gotten a lot less uptight and her company was actually enjoyable.

We called Katie to see if she wanted to go out for dinner once we got home and I checked my phone for the millionth time. Still no text or call from Nathanial. I turned my phone on silent, put it on my dresser and decided to forget about him. He obviously wasn't wasting any time thinking about me, so I wasn't going to either.

It ended up being an impromptu girl's night. Katie brought her former roommate, a super bubbly girl named Hannah who took education at university with Katie. We went for a late dinner by the Pike Place Market called Hook and Plow that had delicious fish and chips. After a couple hours of drinks and people-watching we went to a club that Jess had been to before but the rest of us hadn't. I know I drank more than I should because I had no problem dancing with everyone that was willing which was normally not my style at all. The rest of the night was a blur of laughing, dancing, shots, and some more shots.

I had Monday off for Labour Day, but my alarm still went off at 6 am like it did every weekday. I rolled around in my bed looking for my phone to turn the stupid alarm off, my head pounding. I couldn't even open my eyes and I was pretty sure that if I opened my mouth I would throw up. My hand connected with something that didn't feel like my bed, my phone, or Koda. I slowly blinked open one eye and looked at the shirtless, muscular, dark-haired figure that was in bed beside me.


"Nathaniel?"

No comments:

Post a Comment