Thursday, July 10, 2014

Back to Reality

* Hey lovelies, I'm taking off for the weekend bright and early tomorrow morning, so I thought I would post the newest post early! Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!! Xo, S.*

After a sleepless night I trudged down to breakfast. Helen and George were in the kitchen and I had heard Katie moving around upstairs but so far hadn't seen her or Chris. Chris didn't say anything about Mike and his friend last night and I was glad for it because I had no idea what to say about it. Obviously we had only shared one kiss that apparently meant nothing but i was still disappointed with Mike. That morning he didn't show up for breakfast and I could only assume why.

Chris went off to help George somewhere and Katie and I helped Helen clean everything up from the day before. After that was done we out on our bikinis, grabbed some towels and a lawn chair for Helen and all headed down to sit by the lake.

"What happened with you and Mike yesterday?" Katie whispered.

"Nothing. Didn't you see he was with that girl last night?" I whispered back.

"Yeah. She's such a slut. She went after Chris last year and was not impressed when he turned her down. I just thought you and Mike had something going on especially after the way you both looked when you showed up at the picnic."

I sighed. "We just kissed once that's all."

"You haven't kissed anyone other than your ex boyfriend for the last like 7 years, so don't pretend like it wasn't a big deal to you."

"Well at the time it totally was, but I feel pretty gross about it now."

Katie reached out and squeezed my hand (it must be a family trait, Chris does it all the time). "I'm sorry, 
sweetie."

"It's okay. Let's not let it ruin our weekend."

We spent the entire day at the beach mostly sun tanning and chatting with Helen, and Chris and George once they showed up. No one brought up Mike, which made relaxing in the sun so much easier.

For dinner we decided on leftovers from the day before and all grabbed a plate and sat at the table in the backyard. I was just about done dinner when Mike showed up. And damn it, he looked good! Helen got up to get him a plate of food and he sat down across from me. I smiled at him but said nothing while everyone talked about the picnic yesterday.

"Skye?" Mike looked like he was about to say something but noticed everyone had gone quiet and was looking at him.

"Yeah?" I raised my eyebrows at him but said nothing else.

He cleared his throat and shook his head. Katie almost giggled beside me.

"Want to grab some dessert, Skye?" Katie asked as she picked up my empty place and hers along with it. "Anyone want any?"

We took down some orders for dessert and headed inside. He second we were out of earshot, Katie whispered, "I love Mikey, but don't cut him any slack on this."

I laughed and hooked my arm through hers. "Don't even worry about that. I'm over it."

We ate our dessert outside with everyone else.

"Why don't you kids go for a walk and we'll clean up here." Helen suggested. "You all have been such a big help with all the clean up today."

Chris, Katie, and I took her up on the offer and got up. Mike followed a little bit more slowly and stayed behind Katie and I with Chris. We took the path around the lake, Katie and I relatively quiet, while Chris and Mike were talking intently about something in low voices.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a second?" Mike was suddenly beside is and had reached out to grab my hand.
I removed my hand from his and shrugged. "Sure."

We walked a little ways away from Chris and Katie who looked curious but didn't follow. He offered me a seat on the bench by the lake.

"I'm sorry." Mike burst out.

"About kissing me? Trust me, I am too." Maybe I wasn't over it like I had told Katie.

Mike ran his fingers through his hair. "No, no! That's not what I'm sorry about, I'm sorry about later...at he fireworks."

I sighed. "Look, you don't owe me an apology. We kissed once, it doesn't really matter. Let's just move on from it."

He looked at me like he wasn't entirely sure about that. "But it does matter. Cindy kissed me for all of two seconds and I know I should have never let it get to that point but she is so persistent. I am really sorry that it happened. I hated it and I hates the way you looked at me when it happened." He took my hand. "I like you, a lot."

I smiled, I couldn't resist Mike and his messy hair. And his apology seemed completely genuine. "I like you too. And you don't owe me an explanation either. I don't want this to ruin our weekend so let's just forget about it and move on."

Mike sighed a big sigh of relief and pulled me close to him. "I'm not forgetting about our kiss though."
My laugh was muffled against his chest.

"Now Chris can stop looking like he wants to beat you up." I glanced back at Chris and Katie who were busy looking anywhere but us.

"He was super pissed. And still is. Can't hurt his precious Skye." He got up and pulled me up with him. "Are we good?"

"We're good." I smiled up at him and he smiled down at me, until Katie yelled that she was getting eaten by Mosquitos and we has to get a move on.

As this was our last night with the Campbells we decided to have a campfire out by the lake complete with s'mores and wine for Katie and I in to-go cups. Mike scooted his chair right next to mine and I didn't mind one bit. I was going to miss this once we were back in Seattle. Helen and George went to bed an hour into the fire, and Chris and Katie following an hour later. That left Mike and I to ourselves. We sat in silence for a while before Mike spoke.

"I wish you weren't leaving tomorrow." He reached out to take my hand and pull me into his lap.

"Me too." I cuddled up close to him. "We'll see each other again though."

Mike didn't respond just lowered his head until our lips touched. I think I could spend all day kissing him. We sat in the campfire light and kissed for a while.

"We should probably stop before I can't stop anymore."

Part of me was debating going home with him. We were obviously crazy attracted to each other, but this was also the first person I had actually considered sleeping with after my break-up with Lane.

"Would it be weird if you came over for a sleepover here?" I nodded my head towards the house. "I'm not saying we're having sex, but I don't want this night to end either."

"Probably a little weird, but let's do it anyways."

We spent the night cuddled up in his old twin bed (pretty sure his feet were actually hanging off the end), and doing a lot of kissing and touching. We didn't have sex and for that I was glad because we were leaving tomorrow and if we were to hook up I would want it to be more than a one night-stand.

All the way home back to the city I thought about our night together. Mike had left before everyone else got up to avoid any awkwardness. After a big breakfast, we said our goodbyes to Helen and George and I thanked them again for their hospitality and had to promise that I would be back. Mike gave me a tight hug and a piece of paper with his number on it. I would definitely keep in touch with him! He kissed me lightly which caused raised eyebrows and smiles all around. The three of them stood in front if the house and waved until we couldn't see them anymore.


Such a great weekend, and now back to reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment