Friday, July 25, 2014

The Extent of the Mess

*Hey loves! When I started this blog I literally thought maybe 10 people would see my blog. Well last I checked I had 11 000 views!! Thank you to everyone who is reading and commenting. I love when you guys comment and I appreciate every bit of feedback! Xo, S.*

Jess took a shaky breath. "He got really drunk." She started. "I came home from a shoot, and he was passed out on the couch and I couldn't wake him up. I thought he was unconscious because no matter how hard I shook him he didn't wake up."

Chris and I remained silent so she would continue.

Jess reached for her wine glass but didn't drink it. "I found two bottles of vodka hidden behind the couch and one was empty and the other one almost empty. So I know for sure he was drinking. He woke up eventually and I had just started making dinner. He just lost it on me. He yelled about how I was fucking other people and I'm a prostitute not a model. How he thinks I'm unattractive and getting fat and that I would never find a guy better than him."

I was shocked at what she was saying, but given Rheece's previous behaviour I wasn't surprised. "All this happened today?"

Jess shook her head. "No, a couple of days ago. He left after that and came back in the morning to apologize. I went in to work the next day and when I came home he was drunk again and ranting about something. When he saw me all his anger turned to me. I tried to leave but he took my keys and smashed my phone into the wall. It missed me by an inch. I didn't know what to do so I locked myself in our bedroom. He broke the door in and stood and yelled at me. He fell asleep sometime during the night and I had no idea what to do so I slept on the couch and when he woke up in the morning he was still mad. He started packing up my stuff and threw some out the door and told me to get lost."

Chris spoke up for the first time. "Did you come straight here?"

"No. I drove around most of the day. I didn't know where to go…." she looked helplessly at me as fresh tears welled up in her eyes. "I'm sorry to just show up here after the way dinner went the other day. He was so mad that day. I just don’t know where to go."

"The way he acted was not okay, but you coming here is definitely okay. Staying with me is not a problem at all. I'm so sorry you had to go through all this with Rheece. I don't even know what to say about it." I looked at Chris to see if he had any input.

"Has he tried to text you or call you?" Chris asked.

Jess silently handed her phone to Chris. He looked at it, scrolled down a couple of times, grimaced and handed it back to her.

"Apparently he hasn’t calmed down. Does he know you're here? We all know how he feels about Skye and I don’t really want him showing up here." I smiled gratefully at Chris because that thought had crossed my mind for a second.

According to Jess, Rheece didn’t know she was here. Chris went outside and moved mine and Jess' car around so that hers was off the side of the street and in my garage. This way if Rheece drove by to see where Jess was he wouldn’t see her car. Although, as Chris pointed out, Rheece had never been here so chances of him knowing where I lived were slim.

Jess went to bed in my spare bedroom shortly after telling us about the crazy drama that has happened. Chris and I sat cuddled together on the couch neither of us sure what to say.

"Are you worried about Rheece coming here?" He asked after a while.

I shook my head. "Not really. He doesn’t know she's here and he doesn’t know where I live. What do you think about the whole situation?"

He let out a big sigh. "I'm not even sure. Something tells me this isn't the first time this has happened. I mean, they’ve been together for a few years, and they are engaged. You would think that if she hasn’t bailed out by now, she would have at least said no to getting married to him. But I also have never been in this situation, and I honestly have no idea how you deal with something like this."

"I agree. I don't think it’s the first time it's happened, either, given his behaviour before. I hope she just stays here instead of going back to him."

We talked for a while longer on the couch, but we were both so worn out that we didn't stay up much longer. I got ready for bed and, after checking to make sure Jess was okay, fell fast asleep in my bed.
I woke up to the sound of my garage door opening. For a second I was confused, but then I remembered that Jess was here. I got up, ran to see if she was still in the guest room. As I suspected she wasn’t, so I booked it down the stairs, just to see her pulling her car out of the garage. By the time I got out my front door she was backed all the way onto the road.

"Jess!" I called out and felt a brief moment of relief when she slowed down and stopped.

She looked at me with a completely blank expression. Absolutely no emotion crossed her face as she said, "I'm going home to my fiancé."

"No!" I practically yelled, but she was already driving off.

Chris rushed out of his house as I sank down on my front steps. "Skye. Are you okay? What happened, babe? Where is Jess?"

"She left." I stared in the direction she had driven. "She left and went back to him."

"Shit!"

My sentiments exactly.



1 comment:

  1. Not good. Now she's going to tell him where she went, and that will not be good for Skye :(

    New Beginning, New Adventures

    ReplyDelete