Friday, August 1, 2014

BFF time!!

I'm coming for a visit this weekend! Get readdddddyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! Xoxo

This was the message I had gotten Thursday night from Breanne and I was beyond exstatic! She was flying up Friday night and leaving Monday evening which gave us almost three whole days together. To say that I have missed my best friend is a bit of an understatement. For seven years we had seen each other at least once every week and had multiple phone dates during the week. I was so excited to introduce her to Chris and Katie, and was 100% they were going to get along great. I left work a few minutes early Friday afternoon, after double checking with Spencer to make sure I wouldn't be missed, and drove to pick up Breanne from Sea-Tac. Airport pic-ups were my favorite thing in the whole world because in my experience it was always a happy experience to me.

Breanne and I squealed like we were sixteen when we saw each other again. It had been a couple months since my move and we hadn't seen each other since. We talked non-stop on the way to my house and opened a bottle of rose the second we got through the front door. Breanne carried her suitcase up to the guest room (she had been here with me before on one of my trips to visit my Oma) and came back downstairs.

"Have you heard from Jess at all since last weekend?" She asked and plunked herself down at the kitchen table while I shoved appetizers into the oven.

I shook my head. "Nope, nothing. But I haven't tried reaching out to her either. I want to help her but I don't know how and part of me just really doesn't want to get involved."

"Yeah I don't blame you. It sounds messy."

We left it at that, not wanting to ruin our good mood. We decided on staying in, drinking wine, eating appies, and catching up was our best bet for tonight and then getting Chris and Katie to come out with us the next day. Breanne was one of the people I could talk to about anything so I decided to share my lunch "date" with Nathanial who I also hadn't heard from in a few days. I tried to paint a better picture of him for Breanne than I did for Katie because apparently I didn't do a very good job the first time I tried it.

"He sounds intense. And serious, maybe too serious." Was Breanne's opinion of him. "You're such a happy, positive person, don't you think someone who can barely crack a smile would be kind of a bummer to be around?"

I had to think about that for a second. He did seem intense and serious, but I was pretty sure he had a good sense of humour under that tough outer facade. "Yeah, true. But that's probably not even something I have to worry about at this point because a) I don't know him at all yet, maybe he is more relaxed once I get to know him, and b) I still don't think it would go anywhere because we work for the same company, or head honcho anyways."

We went to bed after hours more talking with plans to play tourist the next day and explore Seattle. I woke up and laid in bed playing on Pinterest when Breanne started sending be ions letting me know she was up. I yelled at her to come lay in bed with me and we Pinterest-ed together for a while and talked about random things (this had been our morning tradition whenever we had sleepovers and since Pinterest came out).
Breanne's favorite place is Pike Place Market so that's where we started our tourist day. I truly loved this place to because to me this was truly authentic Seattle. I loved the bouquets of fresh flowers (so cheap too!) and the smell of fish. We bought flowers, not fish, and some handmade jewelry and a great landscape shot of the Seattle skyline. After a quick stop at the gum wall (ew!!!), we spend a few hours at the aquarium before grabbing a lunch on the go. Our next stop was the Space Needle (you kind of have to if you're being a tourist). That was enough sightseeing for us for one day and we headed back home to have a power nap and then get ready to go out.

Katie and Chris came over for dinner and pre-drinks. As I suspected everyone got along great. Chris' friend, Daniel, would be meeting up with us again later. I was kind of relieved that there was no Jess around because that meant there was no Rheece drama tonight. We started at the Pink Door for some great drinks and entertainment (hello, they had acrobats!).

I was in the process of downing a delicious Long Island iced tea when Katie grabbed my arm. "I think I just saw Jess." She whispered.

"Holy shit. What? Where!?" I looked around to see if I could spot her anywhere.

"Between those two tables." Katie pointed in the general direction but I couldn't see anything.

"I'll just stick close to group. If Rheece is here he won't do anything if everyone is here, especially not if Chris is a foot away."


After a couple more drinks I had forgotten all about the possible Jess spotting. I was having the best time, and only interrupted it for a quick trip to the bathroom. I went alone, mostly because I was feeling a bit tipsy and Rheece was the furthest thing on my mind. I was adjusting my jeans (I can't keep these on to save my life but they are so cute....pain =beauty) on the way back to our table when someone grabbed my arm. I spun around, almost losing my balance because of the heels and tipsiness, and gasped. 

2 comments:

  1. Not a cliffhanger! I've a feeling it's Nathaniel
    Wonderful blog! I'm officially hooked

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading and the kind words!! We'll have to see who it is :)

      Delete